1887

Tourism in OECD Countries 2008

Trends and Policies

image of Tourism in OECD Countries 2008
Tourism in OECD Countries 2008 is the first edition of a biennial publication which analyses best practice in OECD and selected non member economies. It surveys a number of initiatives taken by governments and businesses in the tourism field. The report opens with an overview of the key issues and challenges in tourism policy. The second chapter reviews two important aspects of tourism policy in more detail: the impact of global value chains on small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in tourism; and the role of services trade liberalisation in tourism development. The third chapter presents detailed profiles on organisation, budgets, policies, programmes and statistics in tourism for 32 countries.

English French

.

Hungary

The direct contribution of tourism to GDP is 5%, but rises to 8.5% when the indirect effects are taken into account. Some 75 400 enterprises were registered at the end of 2005 in tourism sector (Table 3.43), of which 72% were sole entrepreneurs and the remaining 28% were incorporated. The number of employees in the field of tourism is 398 000, 8.9% of the total number of employees in the country. However, estimation shows that indirectly – taking into consideration the Tourism related industry – some 490 000 are employed in tourism, 12.5% of total employment.

English French

This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error