You are here: Home / Papers / OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers / The effects of vocational education on adult skills and wages
- 1815-199X (online)
This series is designed to make available to a wider readership selected labour market, social policy and migration studies prepared for use within the OECD. Authorship is usually collective, but principal writers are named. The papers are generally available only in their original language - English or French - with a summary in the other.
The effects of vocational education on adult skills and wages
What can we learn from PIAAC?
Click to Access:
- Giorgio Brunello, Lorenzo Rocco
- 29 July 2015
- Bibliographic information
In this report we investigate the effects of vocational education and training (VET) on adult skills and labour market outcomes by using the PIAAC survey. Data comparability across countries, the breath of countries involved, and the almost unique presence of information on assessed skills, training, earnings and employment makes this survey especially valuable to study the different facets of VET as compared to more academic education.
- JEL Classification:
- I21: Health, Education, and Welfare / Education and Research Institutions / Analysis of Education
- I26: Health, Education, and Welfare / Education and Research Institutions / Returns to Education
- I28: Health, Education, and Welfare / Education and Research Institutions / Government Policy
- J01: Labor and Demographic Economics / General / Labor Economics: General
- J08: Labor and Demographic Economics / General / Labor Economics Policies
- J24: Labor and Demographic Economics / Demand and Supply of Labor / Human Capital ; Skills ; Occupational Choice ; Labor Productivity