- ISSN :
- 1815-2015 (online)
- DOI :
This series is designed to make available to a wider readership health studies prepared for use within the OECD. Authorship is usually collective, but principal writers are named. The papers are generally available only in their original language - English or French - with a summary in the other.
Guidelines for Improving the Comparability and Availability of Private Health Expenditures Under the System of Health Accounts FrameworkClick to Access:
- Ravi P. Rannan-Eliya, Luca Lorenzoni1
- Author Affiliations
- 1: OECD, France
- Publication Date
- 26 May 2010
- Bibliographic information
This paper reports on a project to improve the comparability and availability of private health expenditure under the joint health accounts questionnaire (JHAQ) data collection. The JHAQ is a framework for joint data collection in the area of health expenditure data developed by OECD, Eurostat, and WHO. In particular, the study questions were: How to overcome the inherent tendency for much private health care financing to occur without the generation of linked, reliable, and comprehensive routine data? How to tackle the issue of private providers likely to operate without reporting of routine data to statistical agencies?
- JEL Classification:
- C81: Mathematical and Quantitative Methods / Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs / Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Analysis
- I10: Health, Education, and Welfare / Health / General
- N41: Economic History / Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation / U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913