You are here: Home / Papers / OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers / An Overview of Australia's System of Income and Employment Assistance for the Unemployed
- 1815-199X (online)
This series is designed to make available to a wider readership selected labour market, social policy and migration studies prepared for use within the OECD. Authorship is usually collective, but principal writers are named. The papers are generally available only in their original language - English or French - with a summary in the other.
An Overview of Australia's System of Income and Employment Assistance for the Unemployed
Click to Access:
- Peter Davidson1, Peter Whiteford
- Author Affiliations
- 1: University of New South Wales, Australia
- 28 Nov 2012
- Bibliographic information
This report provides an overview of Australia’s labour market policies, with a focus on income support benefits and employment assistance for people of working age. It traces historical developments partly since 1990 and since 1978 in the case of some data series...
- JEL Classification:
- H53: Public Economics / National Government Expenditures and Related Policies / Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- H83: Public Economics / Miscellaneous Issues / Public Administration; Public Sector Accounting and Audits
- I38: Health, Education, and Welfare / Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty / Government Policy; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- J08: Labor and Demographic Economics / General / Labor Economics Policies