- ISSN :
- 2079-4797 (online)
- DOI :
Climate Change, Employment and Local Development in London, UKClick to Access:
- Gabriela Miranda1, Mads Greaker2, Kris Krasnowski3, Bettina Schaefer4, Andy Westwood1
- Author Affiliations
- 1: OECD, France
- 2: Research Department in Statistics, Norway
- 3: London Development Agency, United Kingdom
- 4: Ecoinstitut Barcelona, Spain
- Publication Date
- 01 Apr 2011
- Bibliographic information
To achieve ambitious emission-cutting targets, the Mayor of London has developed a range of programmes that will stimulate demand for the low-carbon economy in London. However, some challenges still need to be addressed in order to ensure that enough jobs will be created and that those jobs created in the low-carbon economy will be accessible for Londoners.
This report examines the impacts of climate change (including through its effect on policy and regulations) on the London labour markets, with a focus on the creation of jobs and the development of a skilled workforce to meet the needs of the greener economy. The report also contains a set of policy recommendations for London to meet its ambitious low-carbon agenda while creating jobs.