OECD Reviews of Human Resource Management in Government
- 2074-3327 (online)
- 2074-3335 (print)
This series of country reviews examines the design and implementation of government HRM policies within the context of larger government values. These values are usually at least partially context specific. The reports focus on assessing: whether governments are managing the size, skills, and competencies of their workforce in a sustainable manner; whether HRM systems in governments are performance oriented; whether there is a balance between the flexibility and consistency of HRM rules within and across governments; and finally, whether the values promoted by government are consistent with the management rules and practices.
OECD Reviews of Human Resource Management in Government: Brazil 2010
- 20 May 2010
- 9789264082229 (PDF) ;9789264082212(print)
This review of human resource management (HRM) in the federal government of Brazil provides a detailed diagnosis of the management of government employees, and solutions for improving it. The assessments and the recommendations are based on the lessons learned from the experience of OECD member countries.
This review assesses whether: the federal government is managing the size, skills, and competencies of its workforce in a sustainable manner; the HRM system in government is strategic and performance oriented; there is a balance between the flexibility and consistency of HRM practices; the values promoted by the government are consistent with management rules and practices.
- Reviews of National Policies for Education: Santa Catarina State, Brazil 2010
- Peer Reviews of Competition Law and Policy in Latin America
- Tackling Inequalities in Brazil, China, India and South Africa
- Competition Law and Policy in Latin America
- Growth and Sustainability in Brazil, China, India, Indonesia and South Africa
- Challenges to Fiscal Adjustment in Latin America
- OECD Economic Surveys: Brazil 2009
- OECD Reviews of Human Resource Management in Government: Belgium 2007
- OECD Review of Agricultural Policies: Brazil 2005
- Globalisation and Emerging Economies
- OECD Reviews of Regulatory Reform: Brazil 2008