- ISSN :
- 2223-0939 (online)
- DOI :
OECD Corporate Governance Working Papers provide timely analysis and information on national and international corporate governance issues and developments, including state ownership and privatisation policies. The working paper series is designed to make select studies by the OECD Corporate Governance Committee, OECD staff members and outside consultants available to a broad audience.
Making Stock Markets Work to Support Economic Growth
Implications for Governments, Regulators, Stock Exchanges, Corporate Issuers and their InvestorsClick to Access:
- David Weild, Edward Kim, Lisa Newport
- 11 July 2013
- Bibliographic information
This study provides critical observations on the state of key global equity markets as recent developments have put into question their efficiency and effectiveness in facilitating capital formation. It covers the top 26 initial public offering (IPO) producing nations, with a particular focus on stock markets in the United States.
- equity market structure, initial public offerings, corporate governance, tick size, allocation of capital, stock exchange
- JEL Classification:
- G30: Financial Economics / Corporate Finance and Governance / General
- G32: Financial Economics / Corporate Finance and Governance / Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G34: Financial Economics / Corporate Finance and Governance / Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- G38: Financial Economics / Corporate Finance and Governance / Government Policy and Regulation