Better Regulation in Europe
- 2079-0368 (online)
- 2079-035X (print)
This series of country reports launched by the OECD in partnership with the European Commission assesses the regulatory management capacities in the 15 original member states of the European Union (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom). This includes reviewing trends in their development and identifying gaps in relation to good practice as defined by the OECD and the EU in their guidelines and policies for Better Regulation.
Better Regulation in Europe: Ireland 2010
- 02 Nov 2010
- 9789264095090 (PDF) ;9789264095083(print)
This report maps and analyses the core issues which together make up effective regulatory management for the Ireland, laying down a framework of what should be driving regulatory policy and reform in the future. Issues examined include: strategy and policies for improving regulatory management; institutional capacities for effective regulation and the broader policy making context; transparency and processes for effective public consultation and communication; processes for the development of new regulations, including impact assessment and for the management of the regulatory stock, including administrative burdens; compliance rates, enforcement policy and appeal processes; and the multilevel dimension: interface between different levels of government and interface between national processes and those of the EU. This book is part of a project examining better regulation, being carried out in partnership with the European Commission.
- OECD Reviews of Regulatory Reform: Regulatory Reform in Ireland 2001
- Babies and Bosses - Reconciling Work and Family Life (Volume 2)
- OECD Economic Surveys: Ireland 2009
- OECD Environmental Performance Reviews: Ireland 2010
- Ageing and Employment Policies/Vieillissement et politiques de l'emploi: Ireland 2006
- Energy Policies of IEA Countries: Ireland 2007
- Reviews of National Policies for Education: Higher Education in Ireland 2006
- OECD Public Management Reviews: Ireland 2008