- 1815-2015 (en ligne)
This series is designed to make available to a wider readership health studies prepared for use within the OECD. Authorship is usually collective, but principal writers are named. The papers are generally available only in their original language - English or French - with a summary in the other.
Description of Alternative Approaches to Measure and Place a Value on Hospital Products in Seven OECD Countries
Cliquez pour accéder:
- Luca Lorenzoni1, Mark Pearson1
- Author Affiliations
- 1: OECD, France
- 14 avr 2011
- Bibliographic information
This paper provides a description of the classification systems used to measure hospital services in selected OECD countries: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Norway, United Kingdom (England), and the United States. Three classifications are relevant: those on diagnoses; on procedures; and on products. In addition, methods used to measure the cost of hospital services are reviewed.
- Classification JEL:
- H51: Public Economics / National Government Expenditures and Related Policies / Government Expenditures and Health
- I12: Health, Education, and Welfare / Health / Health Behavior
- I19: Health, Education, and Welfare / Health / Other