- ISSN :
- 2079-7117 (en ligne)
- DOI :
Voir l'abstract /
Selected studies on finance, insurance and private pensions policy prepared for dissemination in order to stimulate wider discussion and further analysis and obtain feedback from interested audiences. The studies provide timely analysis and background on industry developments, structural issues, and public policy in the financial sector. Topics include risk management, governance, investments, benefit protection, and financial education. Previous papers addressing these policy issues are available via http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/19936397.
Options to Improve the Governance and Investment of Japan's Government Pension Investment FundCliquez pour accéder:
- Date de publication
- 01 déc 2010
- Bibliographic information
Voir l'abstract /
This paper suggests avenues for strengthening the governance and management of the Japanese Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF), the largest single pool of pension assets in the world. The GPIF earned its name in 2006 as part of a major governance reform that aimed at increasing the transparency and autonomy of the fund. While much improved, the new governance structure still falls short of international best practices and in some aspects does not meet some of the basic criteria contained in OECD recommendations, in particular the OECD Guidelines for Pension Fund Governance.
- asset management, reserve funds, governance, pension fund, social security, public pensions
- Classification JEL:
- G18: Financial Economics / General Financial Markets / Government Policy and Regulation
- G23: Financial Economics / Financial Institutions and Services / Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G28: Financial Economics / Financial Institutions and Services / Government Policy and Regulation