- ISSN :
- 2227-779X (en ligne)
- DOI :
The full papers are generally available only in English.
The opinions expressed in these papers are the sole responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the OECD, the IEA or their member countries, or the endorsement of any approach described therein.
Reporting and Recording Post-2012 GHG Mitigation Commitments, Actions and Support
- Jane Ellis1, Sara Moarif2, Joy Aeree Kim1
- Author Affiliations
- 1: OCDE, France
- 2: Agence Internationale de l'Energie, France
- Date de publication
- 01 oct 2009
- Bibliographic information
This mechanism could focus on current efforts, or also include information on future or planned efforts. Such a mechanism could take different forms, including a stand-alone electronic registry where actions (and potentially also commitments and support) could be reported ex post. Alternatively, information on actions and commitments could be recorded ex ante as an integral appendix of a post-2012 climate agreement.
This paper explores the possible purposes, coverage and form of such a reporting/recording mechanism (subsequently referred to as a NAMAs registry); what information it could include in terms of actions, commitments and support; and the institutional implications of different design options. It thus focuses on the measurable and reportable components of MRV, rather than on verification.
- reporting, measurement, greenhouse gas, mitigation actions, NAMA, verification, climate change, registry, MRV
- Classification JEL:
- F53: International Economics / International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy / International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- G15: Financial Economics / General Financial Markets / International Financial Markets
- Q54: Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics / Environmental Economics / Climate; Natural Disasters and Their Management; Global Warming
- Q56: Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics / Environmental Economics / Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q58: Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics / Environmental Economics / Government Policy