- 2227-779X (en ligne)
The full papers are generally available only in English.
The opinions expressed in these papers are the sole responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the OECD, the IEA or their member countries, or the endorsement of any approach described therein.
Options to Revise Reporting Guidelines for Annex I and non-Annex I National Communications
- Jane Ellis1, Sara Moarif1, Gregory Briner1, Barbara Buchner2, Eric Massey3
- Author Affiliations
- 1: OECD, France
- 2: International Energy Agency, France
- 3: S&A Associates, United States
- 01 nov 2010
- Bibliographic information
This paper suggests that: (i) national communications be produced more frequently while their focus is streamlined; (ii) reporting guidelines be revised to improve transparency about mitigation commitments/actions/targets that countries have indicated to the international community as well as other obligations taken under the UNFCCC and subsequently; (iii) standard reporting formats be used for more of the information in national communications; (iv) a flexible reporting framework be established for non-Annex I countries, where the information in (and possibly timing of) national reports is "tiered" according to national circumstances; (v) an increased emphasis be placed on reporting of "key" issues; (vi) information routinely provided on adaptation measures and policies be formalised; (vii) reporting on "support" be increased and its structure improved; and (viii) in reports from non-Annex I countries, the provision of information that is already routinely provided be formalised.
- greenhouse gas, reporting and verification, climate change, measurement
- Classification JEL:
- F53: International Economics / International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy / International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- Q54: Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics / Environmental Economics / Climate; Natural Disasters and Their Management; Global Warming
- Q56: Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics / Environmental Economics / Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q58: Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics / Environmental Economics / Government Policy