- ISSN :
- 1815-1973 (en ligne)
- DOI :
Working papers from the Economics Department of the OECD that cover the full range of the Department’s work including the economic situation, policy analysis and projections; fiscal policy, public expenditure and taxation; and structural issues including ageing, growth and productivity, migration, environment, human capital, housing, trade and investment, labour markets, regulatory reform, competition, health, and other issues.
The views expressed in these papers are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the OECD or of the governments of its member countries.
Matching Skills and Jobs in Estonia
Cliquez pour accéder:
- Lilas Demmou1
- Author Affiliations
- 1: OCDE, France
- Date de publication
- 10 déc 2012
- Bibliographic information
The labour market in Estonia is volatile, increasing the risk that groups with some obstacles to enter the labour market (youth, non-Estonian speakers and workers with no upper secondary graduation certificate) may become long-term unemployed, due to the aggravating skills mismatch in the wake of structural change. Avoiding a permanent exit from the labour force makes a multi-pronged strategy necessary, including strengthening activation policies, a better school-to-job transition, improving the cooperation with employers to improve vocational training programmes, stepping up targeting life-long learning support, and improving the access of tertiary studies for students from weak social backgrounds.
- life-long learning, active labour market policies, higher education, Estonia, unemployment, skills mismatch
- Classification JEL:
- I21: Health, Education, and Welfare / Education and Research Institutions / Analysis of Education
- I22: Health, Education, and Welfare / Education and Research Institutions / Educational Finance
- I28: Health, Education, and Welfare / Education and Research Institutions / Government Policy
- J18: Labor and Demographic Economics / Demographic Economics / Public Policy
- J24: Labor and Demographic Economics / Demand and Supply of Labor / Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J64: Labor and Demographic Economics / Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies / Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J68: Labor and Demographic Economics / Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies / Public Policy