- ISSN :
- 1815-1973 (en ligne)
- DOI :
Voir l'abstract /
Working papers from the Economics Department of the OECD that cover the full range of the Department’s work including the economic situation, policy analysis and projections; fiscal policy, public expenditure and taxation; and structural issues including ageing, growth and productivity, migration, environment, human capital, housing, trade and investment, labour markets, regulatory reform, competition, health, and other issues.
The views expressed in these papers are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the OECD or of the governments of its member countries.
Housing, Financial and Capital Taxation Policies to Ensure Robust Growth in SwedenCliquez pour accéder:
- Date de publication
- 18 fév 2013
- Bibliographic information
Voir l'abstract /
Extensive structural reforms since the early 1990s have strengthened the resilience of the Swedish economy to shocks. However, more needs to be done to better manage near-term risks and ensure that growth remains sustainable in the longer run. Reforming the housing market would reduce the risks associated with high house prices, ensure adequate residential investment and improve labour mobility and well-being. Clarifying the division of responsibilities in financial regulation and improving the macroprudential toolkit would reduce the risks to stability and the contingent fiscal liabilities arising from a large, concentrated banking system. Better aligning the taxation of different types of assets would make taxation more neutral.
- household, macroprudential regulation, bank resolution, Sweden, financial stability, housing markets, growth, rent regulation, capital taxation
- Classification JEL:
- D13: Microeconomics / Household Behavior and Family Economics / Household Production and Intrahousehold Allocation
- E21: Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics / Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment / Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- G18: Financial Economics / General Financial Markets / Government Policy and Regulation
- G21: Financial Economics / Financial Institutions and Services / Banks; Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28: Financial Economics / Financial Institutions and Services / Government Policy and Regulation
- H2: Public Economics / Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- R21: Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics / Household Analysis / Housing Demand
- R31: Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics / Real Estate Markets, Production Analysis, and Firm Location / Housing Supply and Markets
- R38: Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics / Real Estate Markets, Production Analysis, and Firm Location / Government Policy; Regulatory Policy