- ISSN :
- 2079-7117 (online)
- DOI :
Measuring Financial Literacy
Results of the OECD / International Network on Financial Education (INFE) Pilot Study
- Publication Date
- 26 Mar 2012
- Bibliographic information
Show Abstract /
The results highlight a lack of financial knowledge amongst a sizeable proportion of the population in each of the countries surveyed. Furthermore, there is considerable room for improvement in terms of financial behaviour. Attitudes are shown to vary widely.
These results will enable countries to identify needs and gaps in financial education provision and develop national policies or strategies. They also provide a sound evidence base for developing OECD recommendations and principles.
- JEL Classification:
- D12: Microeconomics / Household Behavior and Family Economics / Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D14: Microeconomics / Household Behavior and Family Economics / Personal Finance
- D18: Microeconomics / Household Behavior and Family Economics / Consumer Protection
- D63: Microeconomics / Welfare Economics / Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement