Reviews of National Policies for Education
- 1990-0198 (online)
- 1563-4914 (print)
Reviews of National Policies for Education: Santa Catarina State, Brazil 2010
- 24 Nov 2010
- 9789264091344 (PDF) ;9789264091337(print)
Education is a central priority for the State of Santa Catarina. Its policy makers are firmly committed to provide a relevant and efficient education system that responds to the requirements of the global economy and will allow the state to be competitive, both nationally and internationally .
This OECD review gives a brief overview of education in Santa Catarina and its development. It presents an analysis of the system from pre-school to tertiary education and lifelong learning, and identifies key directions for policy reform in light of the challenges encountered by officials, communities, enterprises, educators, parents and students. It concludes with a set of key recommendations concerning the structure of the system and its labour market relevance; access and equity; governance and management; research, development and innovation; internationalisation; and financing.
- PISA 2009 Results: Learning Trends
- PISA 2009 Results: Learning to Learn
- Higher Education in Regional and City Development: State of Veracruz, Mexico 2010
- OECD Regions at a Glance 2009
- PISA 2009 Results: What Students Know and Can Do
- Education Today 2010
- Education at a Glance 2010
- Highlights from Education at a Glance 2010
- PISA 2009 Results: What Makes a School Successful?
- Trends Shaping Education 2010
- PISA 2009 Results: Overcoming Social Background
- OECD Reviews of Tertiary Education: Mexico 2008
- Higher Education in Regional and City Development: Paso del Norte, Mexico and the United States 2010