- 2303-9280 (online)
Improving School Climate and Students' Opportunities to Learn
Click to Access:
- 01 Jan 2015
- Bibliographic information
- Almost one in three teachers across countries participating in the 2013 Teaching and Learning International Survey (TALIS) reports having more than 10% of potentially disruptive students with behaviour problems in their classes.
- Teachers with more than one in ten students with behaviour problems spend almost twice as much time keeping order in the classroom than their peers with less than 10% of such students in their class.
- Behaviour issues such as intimidation or verbal abuse among students are associated with student absenteeism.
- Schools that promote participation of students, teachers and parents in school decisions, combined with a culture of shared responsibility and mutual support, tend to have lower incidence of student misbehaviour.
Also available in French