Education at a Glance
Centre for Educational Research and Innovation
- Frequency :
- ISSN :
- 1999-1487 (online)
- ISSN :
- 1563-051X (print)
- DOI :
OECD's annual Education at a Glance looks at who participates in education, what is spent on it, how education systems operate and the results achieved. The latter includes indicators on a wide range of outcomes, from comparisons of students’ performance in key subject areas to the impact of education on earnings and on adults’ chances of employment. This book includes StatLinks, urls linking to Excel® spreadsheets containing the background data.
Education at a Glance 2010
OECD IndicatorsClick to Access:
- Publication Date :
- 07 Sep 2010
- Pages :
- ISBN :
- 9789264075665 (PDF) ; 9789264055988 (print)
- DOI :
Across OECD countries, governments are seeking policies to make education more effective while searching for additional resources to meet the increasing demand for education.
The 2010 edition of Education at a Glance: OECD Indicators enables countries to see themselves in the light of other countries’ performance. It provides a rich, comparable and up-to-date array of indicators on systems and represents the consensus of professional thinking on how to measure the current state of education internationally.
The indicators show who participates in education, how much is spent on it and how education systems operate. They also illustrate a wide range of educational outcomes, comparing, for example, student performance in key subject areas and the impact of education on earnings and on adults’ chances of employment.
New material in this edition includes:
- indicators on school choice and the parent voice in education;
- an indicator on the long-term economic impact of improved learning outcomes;
- an indicator benchmarking labour costs by educational levels across OECD countries;
- a review of trends in educational attainment;
- an update on the human and financial resources invested in education;
- an indicator comparing salaries of teachers to earnings of workers with tertiary education;
- a review of adult participation in education and training.
The ExcelTM spreadsheets used to create the tables and charts in this book are available via the StatLinks printed below them. The tables and charts, as well as the complete OECD Online Education Database, are freely available via the OECD Education website at www.oecd.org/edu/eag2010.
- PISA 2009 Results: Learning Trends
- Highlights from Education at a Glance 2010
- PISA 2009 Results: What Students Know and Can Do
- PISA 2009 Results: What Makes a School Successful?
- PISA 2009 Results: Learning to Learn
- Education Today 2009
- Education Today 2010
- PISA 2009 Results: Overcoming Social Background
- Trends Shaping Education 2010