Development Co-operation Report
- Frequency :
- ISSN :
- 2074-7721 (online)
- ISSN :
- 2074-773X (print)
- DOI :
The annual report of the Chairman of the OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC). It provides detailed statistics on and analysis of each member’s foreign aid programmes (offical development assistance - ODA) as well as an overview of trends and issues currently being discussed in the development community.
Development Co-operation Report 2010
- 23 Apr 2010
- Pages :
- ISBN :
- 9789264086104 (HTML) ; 9789264079885 (PDF) ; 9789264079878 (print)
- DOI :
The Development Co-operation Report, issued by the OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC), is the key annual reference for statistics and analysis on the latest trends in international aid.
With only five years left to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), much remains to be done. The task has become even more challenging given the economic, food and climate change crises of recent years. This report describes how the DAC has responded swiftly, putting the development dimension of these crises firmly on the political agenda and keeping the development community focused on providing more aid, and delivering it more effectively.
In times of economic uncertainty, it is particularly important for aid to provide value for money, and to ensure that it is not misused. The development community has responded by sharpening its focus on corruption; targeting and communicating clear development impacts; working increasingly through developing countries’ own systems to build capacity; and intensifying efforts in the poorest 30% of developing countries – a critical step toward achieving the MDGs. The report also describes how the DAC member countries intend to make their aid truly effective in the decades to come, by ensuring that climate change is addressed in each of their policy choices and by developing a broader, more inclusive approach.
This report is also published on line to improve the accessibility of key OECD DAC work and to respond to the needs of the aid community by giving prompt and easy access to its analyses and statistics.
- African Central Government Debt 2010
- Transition Financing
- The Mutual Review of Development Effectiveness in Africa 2009
- Latin American Economic Outlook 2011
- Creditor Reporting System 2009
- Southeast Asian Economic Outlook 2010
- The State's Legitimacy in Fragile Situations
- Quality Standards for Development Evaluation
- Resource Flows to Fragile and Conflict-Affected States
- Civil Society and Aid Effectiveness
- Innovation and the Development Agenda
- African Economic Outlook 2010
- Monitoring the Principles for Good International Engagement in Fragile States and Situations: Haiti
- Do No Harm
- Atlas of Gender and Development
- Geographical Distribution of Financial Flows to Developing Countries 2010